Friday, March 27, 2009

Haz Mat Incidetn At Procter & Gamble

A Hazardous Materials Incident occurred today at the Procter & Gamble facility in South Sacramento. While undergoing routine maintenance, a Hydrogen storage tank valve failed creating a small Hydrogen Gas leak that caught fire.

Sacramento Firefighters and employees of Procter & Gamble quickly controlled the situation. Sacramento Fire Department Hazardous Materials Team members are currently on scene assisting Procter & Gamble staff while the Hydrogen is lowered to a safe level. Once this occurs, Procter & Gamble crews can go in and repair or replace the damaged valve.

There have been no evacuations or injuries. Hydrogen is a highly flammable, non-toxic material that will dissipate quickly once it enters the atmosphere.

No comments: