A High Rise fire occured this morning in Downtown. The fire however turned out to be very small. The incident occured at a high rise senior residence at 600 I Street, which also has a pre-school in the building.
Construction workers were doing some grinding which caused sparks and smoke to enter the building through a door on the second floor. A smoke detector activated and residents and the pre-school children evacuated the building.
Sacramento Firefighters were able to evacuate the smoke from the second floor and let the occupants back inside. There were no injuries reported and the building suffered no damage.