Wednesday, February 4, 2009

CHP R.A.I.D. Strike Force In Rancho Cordova/El Dorado Areas Net 32 Arrests

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) conducted a R.A.I.D. (Rapid Apprehension of Impaired Drivers) strike force operation on January 30th in the Rancho Cordova and El Dorado Hills Areas. The R.A.I.D. program uses grant-funded overtime from the Office of Traffic Safety to enable the Department to significantly augment the number of officers on patrol and to deploy them at times and locations in which a high incidence of DUI-related traffic accidents have occurred.

Friday’s Rancho Cordova/El Dorado Hills deployments yielded 32 alcohol/drug related arrests and 82 traffic citations.

"I think the message is quite clear," said Chief Perez who oversees the CHP's Valley Division. "Alcohol and drug influenced drivers will be aggressively pursued throughout the Rancho Cordova/El Dorado Hills regions. I'm proud of the hand picked officers of our RAID team who are as passionate as me about doing everything possible to make our streets a bit safer. This is another reason for Valley Division's statewide lead in DUI and drug transport enforcement!"

No comments: