Thursday, January 29, 2009

555 Capitol Mall

A fire was reported this morning at 555 Capitol Mall. The call came in at 11:25 A.M. reporting a fire on the third floor. There was a report of a burn victim also. Sacramento Firefighters responded and were on scene within three minutes. The high rise building was in the process of being evacuated.

Firefighters made their way to the third floor where they met a maintenance employee who told them that he was working in an electrical room when a hand tool he was using came into contact with a large electric fuse. The contact created an electrical flash, burning the worker on his head and arms. There was no fire.

The man was transported by Sacramento Firefighters to a local hospital. His burns did not appear to be life threatening. The response shut down Capitol Mall for a short time.

No comments: