Sunday, December 21, 2008

CHP R.A.I.D. Strike Forces In North & South Sacramento Areas Net 116 Arrests

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) conducted two R.A.I.D. (Rapid Apprehension of Impaired Drivers) strike force operations on December 19th and 20th in the South and North Sacramento Areas. The R.A.I.D. program uses grant-funded overtime from the Office of Traffic Safety to enable the Department to significantly augment the number of officers on patrol and to deploy them at times and locations in which a high incidence of DUI-related traffic accidents have occurred.

Friday’s South Sac. deployment yielded 61 alcohol/drug related arrests

Saturday’s North Sac. deployment yielded 55 alcohol/drug related arrests.

"I think the message is quite clear," warned Chief Perez who oversees the CHP's Valley Division. "Alcohol and drug influenced drivers will be aggressively pursued throughout the Sacramento region. I'm proud of the hand picked officers of our RAID team who are as passionate as me about doing everything possible to make our streets a bit safer this holiday season."

No comments: